1.28.2013

DIY Polka Dot Tray

I am so excited to share this DIY with you because it is so incredibly simple and easy to make! I was inspired by Shop Sweet Things blog so I can't take all the credit. The biggest thing I love about this tray is how inexpensive it is--it will cost you less than $5! That's my kind of DIY. Low cost = happy husband!

MATERIALS
  • Small appetizer plate from Crate & Barrel ($3.95)
  • Avery color coding labels ($4.99, comes in pack of 475. You definitely won't use all of these for one tray, so it ends up being very cheap. You can buy any color or size label as well)
  • Gold sharpie (optional)
  • Ruler
STEP 1: Depending on what color you want your polka dots, sharpie them like so. I clearly learned how to stay inside the lines in kindergarten. Or just leave them neon and or whatever color they are. Or sharpie them red or black. So many possibilities! 
STEP 2: Align your ruler to where you want to start putting the dots and place a sticker on every inch.
STEP 3: Once you get to the second row, place the first sticker a 1/2 inch over to the right. Then place the stickers 1/2 inch below the first row.
STEP 4: Repeat steps 1-3 until the tray is complete. 

And you're done! I told you it was easy. Next I'm thinking large navy blue stickers...so many options!

4 comments:

  1. I love this!! So simple but look how cute! Love the gold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I love this!! You are SO cute. I really want to come see your apartment sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, it's so cute! I want to make one too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Large navy would look so good!

    ReplyDelete