8.15.2013

Learning to love the process

I guess an update is in order! We are now California residents. Seriously can't believe it. We never ever thought we would end up here, and in Palos Verdes of all places (where both of my parents grew up). I've been coming here every summer so this place definitely feels like home. 
Let's rewind to about two months ago. We were in Overland Park, Kansas where Cory had a great job. But we felt that we needed to start looking for something else. He then flew out here for an interview and the rest is history. He's loved his new position and it definitely helps that:

1. my parents and brother live in San Diego, two hours away
2. my grandpa, aunt and uncle + their family live 10 minutes away
3. we live four blocks from the ocean
4. it is 70-80 degrees and sunny every. single. day.

I know to some, this may sound amazing but I don't want to mislead anyone. We have had our fair share of late nights and some big tears were shed as we made the decision to leave Kansas. We loved loved loved living there. We had no idea our hearts would be touched by so many wonderful people. But you go where the job takes you. And we should basically be pro's at moving by now, considering we made the big haul from Utah to Kansas just 10 months ago. But it always seems to be a huge pain. And to top it off, Cory and I both had strep throat which makes for a no bueno road trip across the country. Even though we were very fortunate to be given this opportunity, we had to pick up and go pretty much two weeks after we made our decision. It was a lot of work. I'm on the job hunt again. And in the past four years of our marriage, Cory and I have moved six times! But hopefully we're here to stay awhile. I am trying to work on this:
We are absolutely loving every minute of being here. We are so so happy. Visitors, you are very much welcome!

Side note: this is my cute younger brother Peter, right after he won second place in his golf tournament! So excited to see this guy more.

0 comments:

Post a Comment